Pet Allergy & Dermatology
Diagnose and treat skin conditions.
At Valley Animal Hospital of Merced, we have the best treatment plans for allergies and want to take the itch out of your pet as quickly as possible!
- Allergy treatment with antihistamines, steroids and medications such as Apoquel.
- Topical allergy treatment
- Skin oil replacement therapy and skin barrier therapy
- Skin infection diagnostics & treatments (for bacterial and/or yeast infections)
- Medicated shampoos, mousses, and skin conditioners
- Testing for food, airborne, contact, and insect allergies
- Desensitization therapy
- Testing and treatment for hormone imbalances that contribute to allergies
Allergy relief is a great concern for the team at Valley Animal Hospital. With Valley pollens and pollutants at an all-time high, we see a broad variety of allergy-related ailments. Did you know FLEAS are a common cause of painful rashes in both dogs and cats? We provide allergy testing and treatment tailored to your pet’s individual allergy needs. Our allergy diagnostics are provided in conjunction with a complete physical exam and include a variety of testing capabilities, from blood testing to elimination food trials and skin tests. If your pet is exhibiting symptoms of allergies, including itchiness, hair loss, acne, skin redness, rashes, and hot spots, we encourage you to schedule a visit with our team.