Pet Health Certificates
USDA certified veterinarian on staff.
Health Certificates (Certificate of Veterinary Inspection) for traveling with your pet
A Health Certificate (also called a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection) is a legal document that requires the signature of a USDA-accredited Veterinarian.
- Before scheduling an appointment with one of our USDA accredited veterinarians you may want to visit the USDA APHIS website for information on what is required for your destination. (see below for the appropriate links)
- It will take more than 2 days to create your pet’s Health Certificate/CVI. Some Health Certificates/CVIs may take up to a year if traveling internationally! Please plan ahead.
Traveling to another State or Foreign Country with your pet can be very complicated and meeting the requirements can be time consuming.
- Understand the Requirements of the State or Foreign Country where you will be taking the pet. It is your responsibility to understand these requirements and make certain that your pet meets them. Use the links below to find the information you will need.
- Fill out the Form Below COMPLETELY and then click “Submit.” An incomplete form will slow down the process for you and your pet.
- Once you have the necessary documents, make an appointment with one of the USDA-accredited Doctors (Dr. Klingborg, Dr. McFadden, Dr. Lauppe) to go over the paperwork with you and determine what requirements (tests, vaccines, etc) will need to be met before travel.
- You will be required to sign a Waiver of Responsibility Form which places the burden on you to make certain that the correct information is on the necessary paperwork. The link for this form is here and also at the bottom of this page.
- We reserve the right to decline to create a Health Certificate/CVI, depending on the circumstances. In other words, some countries make the process so complex (because they really don’t want your pet to enter their country) that it is simply too challenging.
Health Certificate Fees
Tier I Health Certificate: For pets traveling within the United States (excluding Hawaii and Alaska.)
$150 Health Certificate/CVI + Physical Exam $59
Tier II Health Certificate: For pets traveling to Hawaii or Alaska
Up to $1,500
This cost includes FAVN testing but does not include any other required vaccines or testing.
Tier III Health Certificates: For pets traveling to Foreign Countries (except Mexico)— $1,000 - $2,000 Health Certificate/CVI + Physical Exam $59 + the retail cost of any necessary testing or vaccinations— price varies based on complexity of requirements and we will inform you of the price after completing our Research.
Mexico : Mexico does not require a health certificate, they do require a letter from the veterinarian. Many airlines do require a health certificate for your pet to fly. Please check with your airline's requirements.
Health certificate/Letter for travel to Mexico: $ 300
Traveling with your pet to another state may be very complicated. Each state has its own laws and requirements. It is your responsibility to make certain that all of the requirements are met.
The website below will allow you to search by State for your pet’s destination. In some cases, it may take several months (and up to a year) to meet all of the requirements before a Health Certificate or Certificate of Veterinary Inspection may be issued for your pet.
If a state does not require a health certificate for entry but you are traveling by air, please contact the airline for their requirements.
CLICK HERE IF YOUR PET IS GOING TO ANOTHER STATE
(IF YOU ARE TRAVELING TO MEXICO, CLICK HERE)
Traveling with your pet to a foreign country is very complicated. Each nation has its own laws and requirements. It is your responsibility to make certain that all of the requirements are met.
The website below will allow you to search by Foreign Country for your pet’s destination. In some cases, it may take several months (and up to a year) to meet all of the requirements before an International Health Certificate or Certificate of Veterinary Inspection may be issued for your pet.
CLICK HERE IF YOUR PET IS GOING TO A FOREIGN COUNTRY
Please fill out the form below to begin the Health Certificate Process. This is a process. How long it will take depends on many factors, including: The pet’s age and vaccine status, and the requirements from the destination.
Please fill out both forms below prior to scheduling your appointment.
Health Certificate Process Form
Call us at (209) 384-7387 or request an appointment online for your pet's health certificate.